Welcome to our gastronomic restaurant
Follow the road that winds through the Charente countryside. The village of Chalais appears. You catch a glimpse of the superb 11th-century castle perched on the hill. A few more minutes before crossing the drawbridge and reaching the formidable porch. You have arrived at Le Relais du Château gastronomic restaurant.
On your way from the north of Europe to the south of France, on a journey between Angoulême and Périgueux, on a weekend visit around Saint-Emilion or the Cognac vineyards, for a family lunch before visiting the Château de Chalais where Talleyrand lived for a few years in his early childhood... Make time for a gastronomic stop at Le Relais du Château restaurant. Located in the very heart of the medieval building, Le Relais du Château gastronomic restaurant in Chalais offers a culinary escape combining exquisite flavours, refinement, and charm.
Our gastronomic restaurant
in the Château de Chalais
We welcome you all year round in the majestic setting of our gastronomic restaurant at the Château de Chalais, classified as a Historic monument.
Depending on the season and the occasion, you may choose between different reception venues within the castle. Each place has its own charm and always offers the same standard of professional and friendly service. Le Relais du Câtheau Chalais
The old castle kitchens: It is in this beautiful, vaulted room, with decor combining sobriety and warmth, that the team of Le Relais du Château Chalais gourmet restaurant welcomes you and introduces you to its seasonal gastronomic cuisine made from local products. You will love having lunch or dinner next to the large period fireplace where the fire crackles in the winter.
- The terrace: On any sunny day, you’re welcome to join the restaurant's large terrace. You will be ideally located in the castle's inner courtyard with a direct view of the beautiful park of the Chalais castle. A true moment of relaxation while savouring our refined cuisine in a bucolic atmosphere.
- En suite room: The high French windows of this very bright room offer a superb view of the park and allow access to the terrace. On request, you may privatize this room and enjoy family meals and birthdays in complete privacy in our gastronomic restaurant. - Adjoining rooms: These two smaller rooms are ideal for your business meetings and seminars (max: 15 people). On request, we offer a welcome coffee and meal service in the large room of the Château Chalais gastronomic restaurant or on the terrace.
Offers and services
- Gastronomic restaurant
- 4 rooms to privatize
- 1 terrace for business meetings and seminars (on request)
- Weddings (on request)
- Transfer to Chalais airfield in 5min (on request)
- Spoken languages : French, English